zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Swollen and scarred lips on males, Is it only found on tank raised fish?
post Aug 8 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #1
parrdog

Advanced Member

G'day Guys,

I just thought I would ask for other people's observations on this one. I got the idea from my own observations and a comment that Klaus made in another thread.

Like Klaus has said, his males get scar tissue build up on their lips from excessive liplocking. My males get the same appearance, mainly only the dominant ones though. This appearance however is limited to my tank bred Ts. My wild caughts have none of this scar tissue on their lips whatsoever.

My theory is that in the lake, males have the increased ability to retreat a confrontation whereas in a tank they are limited by space and more often stand and fight. Therefore they get more scar tissue build up.

Does anyone else notice that this feature is limited to their tank bred Ts or is it just limited to my colony?

I know this topic isn't serious as such, I just would be interested in other people's observations thumbsup.gif .

Jamie.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
post Aug 8 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #2
MoliroMan

Veteran Member

sounds a lot like some human males i have seen fies010.gif !!!!

luckily us men don't lock lips when we show who is stronger!!!

--------------------
www.tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com
You haven't enjoyed life to the fullness unless you've kept Tropheus!
IPB Image

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:00 PM