zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Photo Gallery Discussion FAQ

Need assistance posting pictures? Check out this link: How to Post Pictures

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introducing Palau
post Jun 4 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #1
Razzo

Introducing Palau: Slight repeat.... As some of you know, from forum posts last week, I picked up a new group of wild Altolamprologus calvus (Black Congo Calvus) from Greg at Little Africa Aquatics (LAA). Altolamps are one of my favorite cichlid species. They look totally cool and they have some of the most interesting behaviors of any cichlid. Easy to see why they are one of the most popular Tanganyikan species. I have been without Altolamps for a couple years and I am very excited to be back into them.

I've been learning how to photograph this group while they have been, slowly, becoming less shy. I had a ten minute photo shoot with them yesterday and finally, hit some home runs with the camera and I wanted to share them with you in this thread. I'll be adding a few more pics from this series, to this thread as replies, at a later time.

This first image is of the dominant male. I like this guys so much that I have just named him: Palau (pəˈlaʊ). He's a big boy. He also has the coolest light blue hues. I don't think that I've ever noticed this color pattern in Altolamps before? In any event, I wanted to give a special thank you to Greg for sending a show male my way and, really, a show group (imho). Here is Palau…

Palau (pəˈlaʊ)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 4 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #2
Razzo

+Quote Post
post Jun 4 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #3
Razzo

+Quote Post
post Jun 4 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #4
Razzo

Last pics for the day :lol: :oops:

+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #5
Razzo

+Quote Post
post Jun 6 2016, 07:06 AM
Post #6
Razzo

Last one for awhile :oops: I really liked this one and trying to decide if it's my fav. All these pics came from one quick ten minute shoot while waiting for the wife to get ready to go out to dinner. It's not often I keep almost every image from a series but I did this time.

Anywho, thanks for coming along for the ride and sharing my excitement over the new group :mrgreen:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2017 - 06:25 AM
avana dapoxetine