zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Callochromis
post Jul 24 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #1
thepack

What would be suitable tankmates for 8 to 10 C. melanostigma in a 220 gal. tank with a 12 sq. ft. footprint ?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 25 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #2
neutrinoman

Admin

I've seen them do well with cyprichromis. Cyps like the middle/upper part of tank and callichromis like the bottom. Makes a nice display and lots of color.

This post has been edited by neutrinoman: Jul 25 2011, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
post Jul 25 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #3
Crowned

Xenotilapia, Cyprichromis, Cyatopharynx and other peaceful Tanganyika species.

+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #4
Qaddiction

QUOTE(Crowned @ Jul 25 2011, 06:23 PM) *
Xenotilapia, Cyprichromis, Cyatopharynx and other peaceful Tanganyika species.

I would be careful with the Xenotilapia with the Callochromis. Callochromis are definitely the meanest of the sand sifters. Xenotilapia are fairly fragile. I would also be worried that the Cyathopharynx will not color up for you or look there best being in with Callochromis. They need to be the king of the tank to feel at home. I had more luck with ventralis with my melanostigma. Jumbo Cyprichromis will also work well with the melanostigma. Hope that helps.

+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #5
Crowned

QUOTE(Qaddiction @ Oct 25 2011, 08:22 AM) *
I would be careful with the Xenotilapia with the Callochromis. Callochromis are definitely the meanest of the sand sifters. Xenotilapia are fairly fragile. I would also be worried that the Cyathopharynx will not color up for you or look there best being in with Callochromis. They need to be the king of the tank to feel at home. I had more luck with ventralis with my melanostigma. Jumbo Cyprichromis will also work well with the melanostigma. Hope that helps.

Good points for a smaller tank, but this is a 220 gallon. I believe with proper aquascaping, you could get away with all that I listed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 03:58 PM
avana dapoxetine