zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biologists Discover Two New Cichlid, New Species in Lake Victoria
post Jan 5 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #1
mywetpets

Scientists from the Naturalis Biodiversity Center and the Institute of Biology Leiden, the Netherlands, have found two new species of cichlid fish in Lake Victoria, Tanzania.

Read on...
http://www.sci-news.com/biology/article00805.html

I want some.... :-)

--------------------
<o)}}}}}>< <o)}}}}}>< <o)}}}}}>< I Love my wet pets! ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> ><((((>

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 5 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #2
Celtic

Best part of that article is the news that about 1/4 of the species have recovered.

Thanks for posting.

+Quote Post
post Feb 11 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #3
neutrinoman

Admin

Thanks for posting this. I found the following from the article to be interesting, will probably try to find more detail on it if I can:

Research on successfully resurgent species shows that they were able to adapt morphologically to the new environmental conditions. Their body shape, for instance, changed, so that burst swimming to escape predators improved.

+Quote Post
post Feb 17 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #4
tamrissa

good good! thanks for sharing this will pass it along!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 02:17 AM
avana dapoxetine