zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chronicles…
post Dec 31 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #1
Razzo

One of my holiday goals was to spend some quality time photographing the 240-gallon tank (aka: Mikula Group Tau) and capture the, ever, elusive full-fin-flared shot of Tau. As the undisputed tank alpha, Tau rarely flares. With my camera gear setup, I was treated to a tank in turmoil: Tau was arrayed in his “war paint” color mode as one of the females had dropped a tube. Opportunity granted me a chance, over a three-day period, to shoot the 240, in a state of aquatic upheaval, and chronicle a king continuing his lineage.

I’ll start this thread with the first few images in this new series and I will add more images, later, of the holding female and her successful spawn. For anyone who may not be familiar, Mikula Group Tau is a wild caught group of Cyphotilapia gibberosa (Zaire Blue Mikula). As mentioned above, Tau (Setswana for lion) is the alpha male in this eight foot tank. In this first image, Tau was in the perfect spot for my remotely mounted flash. While his purple hues were lost to the flash and I didn’t get the FFF pose I was hoping for, I was still very happy with this image:

If you like, come back as this thread is updated with new images...

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
post Jan 1 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #2
Razzo

The reason for a tank in turmoil: a female with a dropped tube

Tau, the tank Alpha Male, displaying his War Paint

The defining characteristic of War Paint color mode: extreme contrast (even on the mask as darker facial blues are replaced with a lighter hues so that the mask communicates fury to other competing males)

The climax of all the instability: a female mouth brooding the future of the species

+Quote Post
post Feb 15 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #3
darthvader4bwu

Wow beautiful pics Razzo th_38326493.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 05:46 PM
avana dapoxetine