zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wicked slow!!
post Feb 2 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #1
Celtic

Anyone else noticing the site being slow? banghead.gif

For me every page is extremely slow to load with the exception of the "home" page.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #2
tamrissa

QUOTE(Celtic @ Feb 2 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Anyone else noticing the site being slow? banghead.gif

For me every page is extremely slow to load with the exception of the "home" page.

lol when you said slow i thought you were talking thread.. populus wise... sites been loading fine and running fine from what ive seen but where is everyone wheres the regular posters wheres the conversations!?

+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #3
neutrinoman

Admin

QUOTE(tamrissa @ Feb 2 2013, 05:34 PM) *
lol when you said slow i thought you were talking thread.. populus wise... sites been loading fine and running fine from what ive seen but where is everyone wheres the regular posters wheres the conversations!?
I thought the same thing, didn't realize you were talking about load times. Is running ok for me also.

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #4
tamrissa

QUOTE(neutrinoman @ Feb 2 2013, 04:28 PM) *
I thought the same thing, didn't realize you were talking about load times. Is running ok for me also.

seriously where did everyone go? did the transition not go well can people not get on... it looked like such an active board before xmas time... now its a deserted isle... what gives?

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #5
Celtic

Maybe they are experiencing the same load time issue I am? I've tried changing ISP's, settings, computers, etc. and nothing has worked. So won't see me much until this issue is resolved.

IMO fish forums in general are a fading fad. Only the really hot ones have much activity. Overall this one has been slow for a few years now. Transition made zero difference.

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #6
neutrinoman

Admin

I still haven't experienced any unusual slowness on the site, in fact it's working very crisply for me right now, so I don't know what the problem would be. Heather used to tell people to try clearing their cookies and reloading the site.

seriously where did everyone go? did the transition not go well can people not get on... it looked like such an active board before xmas time... now its a deserted isle... what gives?
Celtic used to be very regular and active on this site and to a degree we did lose activity when he stopped visiting for a couple of months, but not to this degree. Don't know what's behind the additional slowdown just lately. We have had new members join then not post anything, but you always get some of that imo or some who join then post a question or two but not much more. Not seeing any locked accounts (failed login by registered members), so it's not that people are trying but unable to log in. Other than that, only changes I made were to the new registration screening process, where I check them out on spam lists, etc. before approving new members. Some weeks I can't personally check in every day, but that's always been the case.

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #7
tamrissa

well im a regular old chatter box so maybe i can pick things up a bit lol just been crazy busy lately with hubby having health issues lawyers and tram meetings and assessments and discoveries and dead car and OY!! life can be pretty crazy some times...

i would never poach people from other sites but i am on a uk one as well as this i was just hoping to find more fellow canadians with a passion and maybe even find some interested in my babes i have to sell off but cant cause i cant get to the fish stores because again.. dead stupid car /kicks it!

my daktaris i need to sell arent even juvies any more they are sub adults and almost the size of their mom! i also am infatuated with larrys knowledge and sources when it comes to fish and these gorgeous cichlids that i love more then i would if they were cats or dogs lol. they are my aqua babies and i adore each an every one of them!

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #8
tfoster7189

Veteran Member

What I have noticed is, the activity on here can runin spurts.There will be times when there are very few posts per week and then there will be times that there will be numerous new topics posted per week. Usually, I, myself, am more active during the winter months due to the long evenings.

However, this year I have been trying to get my garage finished inside. It has taken me the better part of the last few months to get it insulated, sheeted and painted. I am still working on the painting part. Working with 12ft. high ceilings with a square footage of 1200 sq/ft. is not fun, especially painting it with an oil base primer. The fumes are attrocious.

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #9
tamrissa

ooofff im holding off on any painting jobs till the warm weathers back so i can do it outside. gluck to ya and i hope you post pics once its finished so we can ohh and ahh and be jealous of your 'man cave' lol!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 04:52 AM
avana dapoxetine