zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help me confirm this I.D please!
post Nov 8 2013, 04:38 AM
Post #1
Toil&Trouble

Hi everyone!I picked up this guy from a tank labelled 'Protomelas red empress' I've never kept this species before but this little guy doesn't seen to look like one...any ideas? He is about 6cm long and has a blue face, the rest of the body is a silvery colour. Sorry for the crappy pics!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Nov 27 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #2
wrslrchiclids

Veteran Member

Man that is a hard one. I'm not the best with ID's, but it might be too early to tell. A lot of juvenile fish look very similar before they color up.

+Quote Post
post Nov 27 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #3
tfoster7189

Veteran Member

I agree. Hard to tell at this point. With the yellow coloring on its dorsal fin, it looks to maybe be a male. I would also say that you assumption about it not being a Red Empress looks to be spot on.

At this point in time it looks alot like my Basenji Peacock males. As juveniles they had drab bodies with a slight amount of yellow on their dorsal fins and a slight blue hue on their faces. A beautiful peacock when colored up.

This post has been edited by tfoster7189: Nov 27 2013, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
post Nov 27 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #4
neutrinoman

Admin

Doesn't ring a bell with me from those pics. Silvery body and blue face would fit a juvie red empress, but I don't see the lateral markings I'd take as a cue for red empress. (pic of a juvie red empress here) Will be interesting to see what it turns into but at this point it almost looks A. jacobfriebergi to me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 11:37 AM
avana dapoxetine