zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting up 55 gallon tank for Multi's
post May 19 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #1
harvrad

Today I cleaned out my 55 gallon tank so that I can prepare it for some Multi's. I checked the level on the tank and it is aprox. 1/4" or so off to low in front, will this affect the strength of the tank if I leave the leveling this way?, I've heard that if it is off by so much that it can affect the glass and cause cracks? Also I will either use an Aqua Clear 110 and Aqua Clear 70 for filtration, if not I thought about using some sponge filters, have 6 of these that I picked up for 75 cents each at a pet store closing. Am thinking about using pool filter sand and buying a few small bags of black sand to mix into the pool filter sand to allow the viewing of the Multi's a little better. How many bags of pool filter sand should I use in a 55 gallon tank?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 21 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #2
Crowned

Not sure if it will affect the tank integrity, but if it were me, I'd shim the bottom of the stand to make it level.

If memory serves me right, pool filter sand usually comes in 50 lb bags, so one bag should be plenty. Make your substrate depth 1-1.5".

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:01 PM
avana dapoxetine