zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelleys! Need some help
post Nov 11 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #1
st0rms

Ok so I want to do a 29 gallon shelley tank. Would anyone be willing to look over this link and tell what ones if any are shell dwellers? I would also like any suggestions on shell size and where I can get some nice shells for these guys, as well as numbers I can put into the 29. I know I am asking a lot but I have never kept these guys before and I am really interested in seeing their behavior. I also don't want to mix the wrong fish since I am new to this type of Cichlid.

http://sunpet.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cat...or-Catalog.html

Please note the ones in bold print are available, this is the breeders site that my LFS uses to get their fish and I can order any of these with no freight changes and I can also specify male or females, being juv's they aren't always correct but so far they have been 90% correct on the mbuma's I have ordered in the past.

Thanks

David

This post has been edited by st0rms: Nov 11 2011, 01:44 PM

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Nov 14 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #2
Crowned

Shell dwellers on that list are L. brevis, L. speciosus, L. signatus, L. multifasciatus, L. ornatipinnis, L. ocellatus, and N. calliurus but none are available.

Might have missed some- that is quite a list.

L. caudopunctatus, A. compressiceps are available and will use shells if provided, but are not "true" shell dwellers.

Can find shells at LFS, auctions, craft stores, etc. Shell size will depend on the species.

+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #3
st0rms

Thanks for the reply, I will be on the look out for some.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 04:52 PM
avana dapoxetine