zofran online
IPB
Welcome to AfricanCichlidForum.com, an online community dedicated to African cichlids, where aquarists from beginner to advanced may find and share reliable information and quality advice regarding all aspects of African cichlids and their care.

If this is your first visit, be sure to register for a free account to gain full access to AfricanCichlidForum.com. As a registered member you will have access to post topics, community forums, communicate privately (PM) with other African cichlid keepers, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please check out the FAQ or contact an Administrator.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Explain Tropheus To Me!
Rating 5 V
post Sep 22 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #41
pseudofreak

VIP Member

I know a guy that has the kaiser and some cherry spots I believe. they are both nice but I'm not sure I want them. I had duboisi and the fry are great looking but I don't care for the adult look all that much,. I think it is the blue head also maybe toomuch black in the body I'm not sure.. I love the Kasanga , ilangi , Chaitika are real nice , the one I have now is cool looking and when he flashes his colors he looks fantastic. I do have another Guy in my home town I know that used to be crazy involved with Tropheus I'm going to try and stop bye his place this weekend to see what he has. he is the one I got my Duboisi from years ago.

Kim My cleaning schedule and yours are almost identical I do the same things as far as filter pads and vacuuming the only thing I'd need to do is steady out my water change schedule to get more consistant which is no big deal to me. I'm moving most everything out of my 75 this Saturday. I have a appointment with the LFS to take all the stuff I don't want anymore so the tank will be ready for something saturday night.

my inkfin will be ok with tropheus right ???? that will be the only thing I can't move.

Ted

--------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the Grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting... Holy **** !! what a ride.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #42
JoeyD

Advanced Member

Hi Ted..If it is Chimbas U want,it's Chimbas I have CHEAP!! PM me if U R interested J D

+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #43
pseudofreak

VIP Member

J D Just sent you a PM.

Kim,

HBH Graze and that is it ? nothing else. how does everyone feel about feeding fresh veggies to Tropheus ? is it good for them or not ? I just seen an article about feeding lettuce to them and peas, and how much they like it. do you guys feed any of this ?

Ted

--------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the Grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting... Holy **** !! what a ride.

+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #44
HornPlayer54

I'm Batman!

do you guys feed any of this ?
NLS only for me. Though I have read that even the NLS "advocates" recommend using the cichlid formula rather than the other options (growth, Thera-A). It is apparently a percentage point or two lower in fat. HTH.

--------------------
Let's talk CICHLIDS!!!!

Best,

Matt

+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #45
pseudofreak

VIP Member

NLS cichlid formula is what i use now. so i may be good with that and it is small pellets if that matters. I'm really going to make a point of food this time around. I do think my cheap wardley and spirulina foods back then turned into my problem. plus i added cucumbers , zuc. from time to time. as I said I think it was my fault with foods.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #46
JoeyD

Advanced Member

I tried feed my trophs freash veggies,they wont touch it!! JD

+Quote Post
post Sep 23 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #47
MoliroMan

Veteran Member

i was just wondering where in Lake Tanganyika do tropheus find lettuce and peas from?

i guess u can say the same thing about NLS but like Matt, i have come to use it exclusively with my Ts.

I asked Pablo himself about what he fed his tropheus and he did tell me Cichlid formula but i have been using grow for my juveniles 3cm or under, and 50/50 mix thera A and cichlid formula for my adults.

--------------------
www.tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com
You haven't enjoyed life to the fullness unless you've kept Tropheus!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
post Sep 24 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #48
pseudofreak

VIP Member

I don't know about the veggies speechless-smiley-015.gif I just did what a lot of people told me to.. I'd do it again ... well maybe.. grin.gif

Here I was getting all uptight over Tropheus and I came home and told my wife Mary what I was going to do. ummmm , uhhhh , she just starred at me...not good !

Her words now " tropheus are you stupid ? don't you remember all ythe money you lost on those stupid things" ? now I'm hiding behind the couch listening to it. th_killingme.gif

she says: you promised me Those frontosa from Les and I think you should do as you promised. I say Ohh OK dear thats right I'm wrong , yes dear , ok honey , no nookie what ! hold on now I'll have the darn frontosa here in an hour don't get all crazy ..

so in short no tropheus for me this year. maybe after get the fronts this week from les and they out grow their tank I'll have an excuse for one more big tank and then tropheus for the 75 ... thanks for all the answers to my questions guys. I know I got punked by my wife but as long as she is happy with the tanks means I can always get more fish and tanks without any conflicts.. loose one battle to win the whole war !

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 24 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #49
JoeyD

Advanced Member

And I had all my lil Chimbas with your name on them!! LOL J D

+Quote Post
post Sep 24 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #50
MoliroMan

Veteran Member

u should have got those chimbas from Joey and then placed them in that 75 of yours and then see if your wife notices them.

that way, she will have no excuse but to let u have them.

anyway, don't give up, i am sure one day u will have a successful tropheus colony icon_thumbsup.gif .

Dave

--------------------
www.tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com
You haven't enjoyed life to the fullness unless you've kept Tropheus!
IPB Image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:57 AM
avana dapoxetine